1110 KFAB Local News


Cigarette Blamed For Apartment Fire

Cigarette Blamed For Apartment Fire

Investigators says the fire started on a second floor balcony at the Apple Creek Apartments near 144th and West Center Road late Friday night.

The flames went up the outside of the building into the attic space. The roof collapsed in the area above where the fire started and damage is estimated at $600-thousand.

Investigators say a resident of the apartment whose balcony caught fire admitted to smoking on the deck and using a plastic container to dispose of the cigarettes.

Several residents were displaced, but no one was injured.


More Articles